ABOUT THESE CLASSES:
Irish dance and Irish music go hand in hand! Traditional tunes are taught through lilting, ABC notion, and by ear.
FIDDLE: for kids 8+ who already are proficient on the fiddle (know their notes and can learn simple melodies by ear or by note recognition). Must have their own instrument.
WHISTLE: for kids 7+ No experience necessary
BODRHAN: for kids 7+ No experience necessary
ACCORDION: for kids 10+ or with permission Basic ability to recognize/sing simple tunes is helpful.
- CAPITOL HILL: Shenanigans Arts Space, 316 F Street, Lower Level
2nd semester: January 8-June 6 (For full calendar, click )
Wednesday, Capitol Hill
- 4-5 pm Fiddle with Michael Winch!
- 5-6 pm Bodhran with Michael Winch!
- 4-5 pm Music/Art Open Studio (basic whistle, bodhran, song)
- 6-7 Whistle for Beginners 7+
Curriculum written by Shannon Dunne.