Private dance lessons take place at Knock on Wood Studio in Takoma Park.
One-on-one work is a great way to:
- learn the basics with a solid foundation before you jump into a beginning class.
- develop your personal sean-nós or battering style
- strengthen your musicality
- deepen your ties with tradition
- spend some time dancing one-on-one with Shannon
MISSED LESSON POLICY
Your lesson time is a slot that belongs to you. Shannon has dedicated that time to you. If you would like to reschedule a missed lesson, it is important that Shannon is able to use your slot for another student, or other work.
24 HOUR NOTICE
*If you are able to give more than 24 hours notice, you have 2 options:
2) video lesson (Shannon will make the video during your regular lesson time, and upload it that day.)
*If you are not able to give 24 hours notice, or are a no-show, Shannon will make a video lesson for you during your lesson time and send it to you.
*Lessons must be scheduled within 2 weeks of the missed lesson.
*Students are expected to send Shannon 3 days/times/slots they are available for a makeup, with specificity. (i.e. "Tuesday all afternoon, Wednesday 1-3, Thursday 9-10 pm)
*If Shannon can make one of those slots work, she will. If not, she will suggest alternative times.
CHANGING LESSON TIMES
Depending on the situation, if you have missed more than 4 lessons in a quarter, Shannon may ask that you try to find a lesson time that you can make with more consistency. This is decided on a case by case basis, and is dependent on things such as student's ability to focus and progress in the lessons, and week to week.