If your child wishes to do the apprentice program, please have them submit :
- Class they would like to work with as an apprentice
- 3 reasons they would like to be a part of this program
Apprentices attend a class that is (at minimum) a level BELOW* their own, and do the following:
- Act as a "Model student" - participating in that class as an example of behavior and following directions
- Assist Shannon, as a runner, scribing, documenting, take attendance, etc.
- Musician- students that have tunes may be asked to play for the dancers
- Encourage- give positive feedback to younger students
NOTE: Apprentices are NOT in charge of discipline, or critique.
*12+ may opt to apprentice in the adult class.
- Must have been in the performance group for min 2 years to date.
- Must work with a differently aged group.
- Must attend class. (allowed 2 absences per session)
- Once a month get together at Shannon's house to choreograph, hang, and do other fun things!
- Dance as the SDD represntation at Bog Band performances
- Outside dance opportunities with Shannon at her own performances